n
vb1. a deep feeling or condition of happiness or contentment
2. something causing such a feeling; a source of happiness
3. an outward show of pleasure or delight; rejoicing
4. Brit informal success; satisfaction I went to the bank for a loan, but got no joy
1. (intr) to feel joy
2. (tr) Obsolete to make joyful; gladdenThis is the feeling I had today dancing with a wonderful group of ladies. I'm a total Middle Eastern Dance junkie and dance every moment I get (which is hard to do with 3 kiddos). Our dance troupe, The Raqettes, are a group of women of different ages, sizes, walks of life and dance styles. We practice diligently and even though there may be tension working with a group of women some days, I can always count on some of the members to bring happiness and joy to the troupe. I feel fortunate to have many of these women in my life. Honestly it's much easier to work with a group of men though.....lol!! I'm just not sure how well men can belly dance though!!
It's so important to do that one thing in your life that brings pure joy. I found a quote this is sort of appropriate for me personally and I will leave it with you.
"When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet." - Stanislaus Lec
No comments:
Post a Comment