Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them. ~Jennifer JamesI found this quote and I think Jennifer James summed it up really well! As I watch my beautiful 11 year old daughter grow up before me I have already witnessed jealousy towards her from some of her peers. I remember all too well what that was like growing up. Jealous people will try and pull you down and make you feel lousy about yourself or what you have accomplished and if you don't watch out they can be successful. I choose to stay away from those types now and I feel sorry for them because as all their energy is sucked up from jealousy I choose to put mine into praising others.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
The ugly green word
Why is it so incredibly difficult for some people to be happy for another person's achievements? I think it mostly stems down to the ugly green word called Jealousy. My parents did a wonderful job raising us to praise others for what they have achieved and I'm so incredibly grateful for that. I feel so sad for the people out there who don't know how to praise as they walk around with their jealousy goggles on. I think it would be a miserable way to live ones life quite frankly. Jealousy is all consuming and very toxic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope that your daughters will be able to choose to stay away from those people as well. I have cut a lot of ties over the past couple of years with people who don't treat me the way I should be treated or are just plain ol' negative. I figure that on top of struggling medical issues I don't need them to interfere. In fact, right as I started getting sick my older half-sister (who always seemed to be jealous of me for unknown reasons) showed me her true colors & chose a friend over her blood. It hurt, I moved on without her & still to this day her husband harasses me online, via snail mail, etc :(
ReplyDelete